Protecting your privacy is very important to us. Please review our Privacy Statement below.
Translation of agreement
Any translation of this user agreement is provided solely for your convenience and is not intended to modify the terms of this user agreement. In the event of a conflict between the English version of this user agreement and a version in a language other than English, the English version shall control.
Unlawful internet gambling notice
Restricted transactions as defined in Federal Reserve Regulation GG are prohibited from being processed through your Skipify account or your relationship with Skipify. Restricted transactions generally include, but are not limited to, transactions in which credit, electronic fund transfers, checks, or drafts are knowingly accepted by gambling businesses in connection with unlawful Internet gambling.
Your use of information; Data protection laws
If you receive information about another Skipify customer, you must keep the information confidential and only use it in connection with the Skipify services. You may not disclose or distribute any information about Skipify users to a third party or use the information for marketing purposes unless you receive that user’s express consent to do so. You may not send unsolicited emails to a Skipify customer or use the Skipify services to collect payments for sending, or assist in sending, unsolicited emails to third parties.
The privacy and data protection laws that may apply include any associated regulations, regulatory requirements and codes of practice applicable to the provision of the services described in this agreement. If you process personal data from Europe pursuant to this agreement, you must comply with the EU Directive 95/46/EC or the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
In complying with such laws, you will:
- implement and maintain all appropriate security measures for the processing of personal data; and
- not knowingly do anything or permit anything to be done which might lead to a breach of any privacy data protection laws by Skipify.
I. Privacy Statement – Overview
Skipify has developed this Privacy Statement to explain how we may collect, retain, process, share and transfer your Personal Data when you visit our Sites or use our Services. This Privacy Statement applies to your Personal Data when you visit Sites or use Services, and does not apply to online websites or services that we do not own or control, including websites or services of other Skipify Users.
This Privacy Statement is designed to help you obtain information about our privacy practices and to help you understand your privacy choices when you use our Sites and Services. Please note that our Service offerings may vary by region.
We have defined some terms that we use throughout the Privacy Statement. You can find the meaning of a capitalized term in the Definitions section.
If you are an individual who resides in the United States of America and opens an account for one of our Services for your own personal, family or household purposes, you should also review our Consumer Privacy Notice to understand our privacy practices and the privacy choices we offer you.
Please contact us if you have questions about our privacy practices that are not addressed in this Privacy Statement.
Back to top
II. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Registration and use information – When you register to use our Services by establishing an Account, we will collect Personal Data as necessary to offer and fulfill the Services you request. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and identification information to establish an Account. We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Data as you use our Services.
- Transaction and experience information – When you use our Services or access our Sites, for example, to make purchases from merchants, etc., we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information, product information, conversion information on merchant website and other information.
- Participant information – When you use our Services or access our Sites, we collect Personal Data you provide us about the other participants associated with the transaction.
- Information about your payment methods – We see and store what cards and systems you use to make payments.
- Information that you choose to provide us to obtain additional Services or specific online Services – If you request or participate in an optional Site feature, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, or surveys, we may collect additional information from you.
- Information about you from and with third-parties– We obtain information from third-party sources such as merchants, data providers, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law. We also may share information about you with third-parties if it is relevant to program performance or product development with those parties.
- Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services – We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
Back to top
III. Why Do We Retain Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data to fulfill our legal or regulatory obligations and for our business purposes. We may retain Personal Data for longer periods than required by law if it is in our legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law. If your Account is closed, we may take steps to mask Personal Data and other information, but we reserve our ability to retain and access the data. We will continue to use and disclose such Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Back to top
IV. How Do We Process Personal Data?
We may Process your information for the following reasons:
- To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
- initiate a payment;
- authenticate your access to an Account;
- communicate with you about your Account, the Sites, the Services, or Skipify;
- create an account connection between your Account and a third-party account or platform;
- perform creditworthiness and other financial standing checks, evaluate applications, and compare information for accuracy and verification purposes; and
- keep your Account and financial information up to date.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality. For example, we analyze User behavior and perform research about the way you use our Services.
- To manage risk and protect the Sites, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity. Skipify’s risk and fraud tools use Personal Data, Device Information, Technical Usage Data and Geolocation Information from our Sites and websites that offer Skipify Services to help detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Services.
- To market to you about Skipify products and Services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses. We may also Process your Personal Data to tailor the marketing content and certain Services or Site experiences to better match our understanding of your interests on Skipify and other third-party websites.
- To provide you with location-specific options, functionality or offers if you elect to share your Geolocation Information through the Services. We will use this information to enhance the security of the Sites and Services and provide you with location-based Services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- To make it easier for you to find and connect with others, we may use your information you have shared with the Service to suggest connections between you and people you may know. For example, we may associate information that we learn about you through your and your contacts’ use of the Services, and information you and others provide to suggest people you may know or may want to transact with through our Services. Social functionality and features designed to simplify your use of the Services with others vary by Service.
- To respond to your requests, for example to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
Back to top
V. Do We Share Personal Data?
We may share your Personal Data or other information about you with others in a variety of ways as described in this section of the Privacy Statement. In addition, our Consumer Privacy Notice provides specific information about the reasons why we share the Personal Data of certain United States residents with unaffiliated third parties.
We may share your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:
With other members of the Skipify corporate family: We may share your Personal Data with members of the Skipify family of entities to, among other things, provide the Services you have requested or authorized; to manage risk; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements; and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of Skipify products, Services, and communications.
With other companies that provide services to us: We may share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements for our products and Services, or provide customer support.
With other financial institutions: We may share Personal Data with other financial institutions that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product. These financial institutions may only use this information to market and offer Skipify-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses. We may also share Personal Data to process transactions, provide you with benefits associated with your eligible cards, and keep your financial information up to date.
With the other parties to transactions when you use the Services, such as other Users, merchants, and their service providers: We may share information about you and your Account with the other parties involved in processing your transactions. This includes merchants and their service providers. The information might include:
- Personal Data and Account Information necessary to facilitate the transaction;
- information to help other participant(s) resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud; and
- aggregated data and performance analytics to help merchants better understand Users and to help merchants enhance Users’ experiences.
With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for Skipify’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to Skipify or Skipify’s corporate family;
- if we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- to protect the vital interests of a person;
- to investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to any Service;
- to protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- to facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of Skipify’s business;
- in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using a Service;
- to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals and merchants;
- to banking partners as required by card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants;
- to credit reporting and collection agencies;
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
With your consent: We also will share your Personal Data and other information with your consent or direction, including if you authorize an account connection with a third-party account or platform.
In addition, Skipify may provide aggregated statistical data to third-parties, including other businesses and members of the public, about how, when, and why Users visit our Sites and use our Services. This data will not personally identify you or provide information about your use of the Sites or Services. We do not share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Back to top
VI. How Do We Work with Other Services and Platforms?
A significant benefit and innovation of Skipify’s Services is that you can connect your Account with a third-party account or platform. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, an “account connection” with such a third-party is a connection you authorize or enable between your Account and a non-Skipify account, payment instrument, or platform that you lawfully control or own. When you authorize such a connection, Skipify and the third-party will exchange your Personal Data and other information directly. Examples of account connections include:
- linking your Account to a social media account or social messaging service;
- connecting your Account to a third-party data aggregation or financial services company, if you provide such company with your Account log-in credentials; or
- using your Account to make payments to a merchant or allowing a merchant to charge your Account.
If you choose to create an account connection, we may receive information from the third-party about you and your use of the third-party’s service. For example, if you connect your Account to a social media account, we will receive Personal Data from the social media provider via the account connection. If you connect your Account to other financial accounts, directly or through a third-party service provider, we may have access to your account balance and transactional information, such as purchases and funds transfers. We will use all such information that we receive from a third-party via an account connection in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Information that we share with a third-party based on an account connection will be used and disclosed in accordance with the third-party’s privacy practices. Before authorizing an account connection, you should review the privacy notice of any third-party that will gain access to your Personal Data as part of the account connection. For example, Personal Data that Skipify shares with a third-party account or platform such as a social media account may in turn be shared with certain other parties, including the general public, depending on the account’s or platform’s privacy practices.
Back to top
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
Statement on Cookies and Tracking Technologies
This statement is designed to help you understand more about these technologies and our use of them on our sites and in our services, applications, and tools. Below is a summary of a few key things you should know about our use of such technologies.
Where possible, security measures are set in place to prevent unauthorized access to our cookies and similar technologies. A unique identifier ensures that only we and/or our authorized service providers have access to cookie data.
Service providers are companies that help us with various aspects of our business, such as site operations, services, applications, advertisements and tools. We use some authorized service providers to help us to serve you relevant ads on our services and other places on the internet. These service providers may also place cookies on your device via our services (third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP-address or other unique or device identifiers.
What are cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies?
Like most sites, we use technologies that are essentially small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices (referred to collectively as a “device”) that allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools.
The specific names and types of the cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies we use may change from time to time. In order to help you better understand this Policy and our use of such technologies we have provided the following limited terminology and definitions:
Cookies – Small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
Web beacons – Small graphic images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools, that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
Similar technologies – Technologies that store information in your browser or device utilizing local shared objects or local storage, such as flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies, and other web application software methods. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers, and in some instances may not be fully managed by your browser and may require management directly through your installed applications or device. We may use the terms “cookies” or “similar technologies” interchangeably in our policies to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above.
Our cookies and similar technologies have different functions. They are either necessary for the functioning of our services, help us improve our performance, give you extra functionalities, or help us to serve you relevant and targeted ads. We use both session and persistent cookies and similar technologies.
Generally, these technologies allow our sites, services, applications, and tools to store relevant information in your browser or device and later read that information in order to identify your device to our servers or internal systems. Where applicable, we protect our cookies and other similar technologies to help ensure that only we and/or our authorized service providers can interpret them by assigning them a unique identifier that is designed for interpretation only by us.
Use of these technologies by authorized third-party service providers
We may work with third-party companies, commonly known as service providers, who are authorized to place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies for storing information on our sites or in our services, applications, and tools with our permission. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience.
With the exception of the use of such technologies by our service providers or other authorized third-parties, we do not permit any third-party content on sites (such as item listings, member-to-member communications, classified listings, comments, reviews, etc.) to include or utilize any cookies, web beacons, local storage, or similar technologies for tracking purposes or to collect your personal information.
Ad networks and exchanges operated by authorized third parties for interest-based advertising
We may use third parties, such as advertising networks and exchanges, to allow us to serve you advertisements. These third-party ad networks and exchange providers may use third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information about your visit to our site and elsewhere on the Internet. They may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or identifier for advertising (IDFA). The information that these third parties collect may be used to provide you with more relevant advertising on our sites or elsewhere on the web.
“Do Not Track”
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.
Back to top
VIII. What Privacy Choices Are Available To You?
All users of Skipify must adhere to and accept our Privacy Policies, Terms of Service and User Agreement. If you do not wish to accept these, please do not use the service.
Back to top
IX. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data that we share with a third-party based on an account connection that you have authorized.
Back to top
X. Can Children Use Our Services?
The Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13.
Back to top
XI. What Else Should You Know?
Changes to This Privacy Statement.
We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our business, the Sites or Services, or applicable laws. The revised Privacy Statement will be effective as of the published effective date.
If the revised version includes a substantial change, we will attempt to provide you with 30 days prior notice by posting notice of the change on the “Policy Update” page of our website. We also may notify Users of the change using email or other means.
Transfers of Your Personal Data to Other Countries
Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers. We and our third-party service providers store and Process your Personal Data in the United States and elsewhere in the world. We will protect your information as described in this Privacy Statement if your Personal Data is transferred to other countries. By using our Sites and Services, you consent to your Personal Data being transferred to other countries, including countries that have different data protection rules than your country. We do not represent that our Sites and Services are appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
Back to top
XII. Contact Us
You may contact us if you have general questions about our Privacy Statement and practices or questions about your Account information or Personal Data.
- Please see our website for contact information.
Back to top
Account means a Skipify member account.
Device Information means data that can be automatically collected from any device used to access the Sites or Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your device type; your device’s network connections; your device’s name; your device’s IP address; information about your device’s web browser and the internet connection being used to access the Site or Services; Geolocation Information; information about apps downloaded to your device; and biometric data (e.g., Touch ID/Fingerprint to verify your identity).
Geolocation Information means information that identifies with reasonable specificity your location by using, for instance, longitude and latitude coordinates obtained through GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell site triangulation. Some of our Services may ask you for permission to share your current location. Some of the Sites and Services require this information to provide a specific product or online Service. If you do not agree to our collection of the geolocation information, our Sites or Services may not function properly when you try to use them.
Checkout without a Skipify Account means a person’s use of the Services.
Skipify means Skipify, Inc. and subsidiaries or affiliates. In this Privacy Statement, Skipify is sometimes referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our,” depending on the context.
Personal Data means personal information that can be associated with an identified or identifiable person. “Personal Data” can include name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, payment card number, other financial account information, account number, date of birth, and government-issued credentials (e.g., driver’s license number, national ID, passport, Social Security number and Taxpayer ID). Personal Data does not include information that does not identify a specific User.
Process means any method or way that we handle Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, and consultation, disclosure by transmission, disseminating or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data.
Services means any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, applications and services offered to you by Skipify.
Sites means the websites, mobile apps, official social media platforms, or other online properties through which Skipify offers the Services and which has posted or linked to this Privacy Statement.
Technical Usage Data means information we collect from your phone, computer or other device that you use to access the Sites or Services. Technical Usage Data tells us how you use the Sites and Services, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites and the way you use our Services, including your IP address, statistics regarding how pages are loaded or viewed, the websites you visited before coming to the Sites and other usage and browsing information collected through Cookies.
User means an individual or business who uses the Services or accesses the Sites and has established a relationship with Skipify or otherwise uses the Services as a buyer, seller or other type of participant to a transaction.
Back to top
Consumer Privacy Notice
Effective Date: October 1, 2019
This Consumer Privacy Notice applies to you if you are an individual who resides in the United States and uses our Sites or Services for your own personal, family or household purposes.
|FACTS||WHAT DOES SKIPIFY DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:Social Security number and account balancesPayment history or transaction historyCredit history or credit scoresWhen you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.|
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Skipify chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Skipify share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes –|
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes –|
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes –|
information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes –|
information about your creditworthiness
|No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
|Questions?||Email us at email@example.com|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this Privacy Statement?||This privacy notice is provided by Skipify, Inc. and is applicable to your U.S. Skipify accounts.|
|What we do|
|How does Skipify protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Skipify collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when youopen an account or provide account informationuse your credit or debit card or give us your contact informationuse your Skipify account to send or receive fundsWe also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.|
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit onlysharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthinessaffiliates from using your information to market to yousharing for nonaffiliates to market to youState laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more information on your rights under state law.|
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.|
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.Nonaffiliates with which we share personal information include service providers that perform services or functions on our behalf.|
|Joint Marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.|
|Other important information|
|We may transfer personal information to other countries, for example, for customer service or to process transactions.California: If your Skipify account has a California mailing address, we will not share personal information we collect about you except to the extent permitted under California law.Vermont: If your Skipify account has a Vermont mailing address, we will not share personal information we collect about you with non-affiliates unless the law allows or you provide authorization.Nevada: If your Skipify account has a Nevada mailing address, we are providing this notice pursuant to Nevada law. If you prefer not to receive marketing calls from Skipify, you may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.|